Saturday, June 25, 2011

Outfit Idea of the Week: Wear a Maxi Skirt

I'm pretty happy that maxi skirts are a trend this summer because, fortunately, I already have a few in my closet. Remember that whole "boho-chic" trend that was so popular circa 2005? Yeah, my maxi skirts are remnants from that period of my life.

So now that it's fashionable to wear them again, I've tried to find a way to update my maxi skirts for 2011. Here's what I came up with:


In order to keep the focus on this pretty printed maxi skirt, wear it with a simple white knotted top. Understated flat sandals are a comfy choice and look great when paired with a longer skirt. Accessorize with a statement necklace and some stacked bangles and you'll have a casual and cool way to wear a maxi skirt.

Do you own a maxi skirt? How would you wear one? Be sure to let me know!

2 comments:

  1. The necklace is so cute! Your design is perfect, I also love wearing Boho maxi dress because I love the colourful print very much, but I usually wear a maxi dress match with a wedges sandals, because I haven't enough confidence in my height.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the concept of maxi skirts because I can be kind of self conscious about my legs, but I find that those awesome long skirts seldom work on women who are 5 feet tall =\ Love the outfit you put together though! I can admire from afar, haha.

    ReplyDelete