Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Outfit Idea of the Week: Try Out the Color Block Trend

I often associate springtime with bright colors, so all the warm weather in Florida makes me want to try out the color block trend that's been so popular this season. Mixing multiple brights together creates a bold, yet stylish look that's sure to get noticed-- in a good way!


The key to rocking this trend for daytime is to pair basic wardrobe staples in brightly saturated hues, like this purple top and red-orange shorts. Some comfy yellow sandals add yet another color to the look, while silver jewelry is simple and understated, so it doesn't distract from all the bright colors.

Some of my other favorite color-blocked combinations are: turquoise and pink, yellow and coral & blue and lime green.

Would you wear multiple brights together? Any color combos you like? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, color blocking always seems to tougher to pull off than it should be... I did combine turquoise and purple in one of my recent posts though: http://shadesofsarah.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/nothing-but-a-paper-doll/

    ReplyDelete