Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Best-Dressed at the 2011 Met Gala

Last night, Hollywood's elite gathered for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual Costume Institute Gala Benefit. This year's event was titled, "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty," and honored the late designer's work. Because of this celebs, donned some unique, one-of-a-kind gowns.

Putting together my best-dressed list turned out to be much harder than I thought it would be-- there were so many fabulous looks last night! After many trials and tribulations, I finally narrowed it down to my top five best-dressed picks, which you can see below:

Diane Kruger in Jason Wu



While I had a bit of trouble picking out a top five, Diane wore what was easily my favorite look from the Met Gala. Her Jason Wu gown had just the right mix of glamor and quirk. Perfect for this type of event.

Emma Roberts in Michael Kors



Emma wore a classic white Grecian-style gown with a modern twist. The geometric cutout wasn't over-the-top and I really liked that only one side showed skin. The red nail polish Emma wore also adds just the right pop of color.

Dianna Agron in Michael Kors



I'm a huge fan of minimalism, so naturally Dianna's simple, yet stylish look won me over. It's hard to wear a red gown on the red carpet, but Dianna pulled it off flawlessly. Her sleek hairdo and cuff bracelet also amped up the style factor, making it one of my favorites.

Freida Pinto in Chanel Couture



I actually hated Freida's gown when I first saw it, but it definitely grew on me! This Chanel gown is a fresh take on menswear and the silky, floor-sweeping fabric is absolutely gorgeous. Freida wore retro waves and a bold red lip to give her look some extra oomph.

Daphne Guinness in Alexander McQueen



Finally, for the sake of theatrically, I had to include this one-of-a-kind gown (the gala did honor McQueen, after all!). The front of this gown was extremely structured, but the train of feathers cascaded beautifully, creating some amazing contrast.

*All photos from Style Bistro

Like I said, I had a tough time narrowing down my picks for best-dressed, so honorable mentions go out to Madonna, Gisele Bundchen, Ginnifer Goodwin and Emma Stone. Who was on your best-dressed list for the Met Gala?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The Met Gala is always so over the top. My favorites here are Emma and Diana, but I actually liked Madonna and Ginnifer's dresses too.

    ReplyDelete