Friday, May 6, 2011

Street Style Inspiration: Chambray, Hats and Bright Colors

Whenever I stumble across a fashion-related photo I like, I save it to a folder entitled "style inspiration." After looking through this folder the other day, I noticed that most of the photos I saved over the last month or so had a lot of the same elements: pops of bright color, chambray and oversized sun hats.

Below, I've recreated four of my favorite street style looks that incorporated these elements. Check them out, and hopefully you'll be as inspired as I was!


This outfit is definitely my favorite of all the looks I saved-- I'll be referring to it for inspiration all summer long! I love how classically preppy all the pieces are, except for the bright pink shorts, which keep the look fresh and fun.
Maxi Dress, Floppy Hat, Bandeau Top


This look is follows the 70s inspired trend that's so popular right now, but with a modern twist. The cut of this maxi dress is universally flattering and the bandeau top keeps it from being too revealing, making it a great choice for a semi-formal event.


I've really been into cropped trousers lately, and I love how this girl paired hers with a denim top and espadrilles-- the perfect mix of utilitarian and girly!


This photo-- taken at Coachella-- is one of my favorites. I really liked the effortless and fun vibe of this outfit, which translates into the photo as well. This look has a lot of competing trendy items, but doesn't look at all over-the-top.

1 comment:

  1. Informative post. I’ve found this very interesting and has a good stuff for the readers and designers. I would be glad to recommend the post for its quality content. Thanks to sharing it...

    Chambray Hats

    ReplyDelete