Monday, January 31, 2011

Celeb Style for Less: Elizabeth Olsen’s Cold-Weather Ensemble

Elizabeth Olsen Sundance


As I mentioned in my last post, Elizabeth Olsen has been getting a lot of well-deserved attention for her wardrobe since attending the Sundance Film Festival. I really like her sense of style and feel like she will become a fashion "it girl" in the very near future-- just like her sisters.

At an event last week, Lizzie chose a Katherine Hepburn-esque menswear inspired look that looked very put-together and chic. I love how she layered everything perfectly and added a bright pop of color with her accessories.

Check out this lower-priced dupe of her outfit below:
Elizabeth Olsen Sundance Inspired Outfit


For this look, layer a basic white button down with a cozy green cable knit sweater. Pair them up with some dark gray straight-leg pants and a skinny yellow bag. Add a matching bag and a simple black jacket. Finally, Lizzie wore what looked like some flat boots, but I chose some comfortable moccasins-- they're definitely my go-to footwear for colder months.

Do you like Lizzie's outfit as much as I do?

3 comments:

  1. I actually like your interpretation better than the original! Something about the slouchiness of her jacket..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I agree, the slouchiness/length of her jacket was something I wanted to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no i love the jacket! its so different to anything ive seen, its formal, but casual at the same time :)) do you know where its from?

    and i do like your version too, every element works really well, and its got to be more affordable :)

    ReplyDelete