Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just a Little Bit of Pixie Dust...

I've been a fan of Peter Pan collars ever since my uniform-wearing days in elementary school. It's a feminine way to wear a collar and gives an almost vintage feel to any outfit. Therefore, I'm happy to report that Peter Pan collars are quickly becoming a trend after being featured heavily on the Spring 2011 runways. Designers like Isaac Mizrahi and Jill Stuart showcased the adorable rounded collars in their RTW collections and now many retailers have begun to carry similar items.

There are quite a few pieces that incorporate this trend already-- like the ones below-- but there's sure to be a lot more once springtime rolls around.
cheap peter pan collars

Top: 1, 2, 3, 4 Bottom: 5, 6, 7, 8


Two Ways to Wear Peter Pan Collars:


Peter Pan Collar Outfit



As soon as I saw this gorgeous caplet, I knew I had to incorporate it into a formal look. This outfit gives off a Blair Waldorf-esque vibe to me. What do you think?

For the casual look, I went for a menswear-inspired look with a few quirky touches. This outfit would be great for a laid-back day of running errands or hanging out with friends in a casual setting.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting a Peter Pan collar anything since I saw Carey Mulligan wearing them this summer.

    ReplyDelete