Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fashion Find: The Perfect Denim Shirt

I'd been looking for the perfect denim button-up for months, so I was pretty excited to (finally) find it last weekend. As with most specific items I shop for, I came up with a list of criteria my ultimate denim shirt would possess:
  • Since most of my jeans are darker washes, it had to be a light denim. That way, I can rock the double denim look without it being too matchy-matchy.
  • I want this top to last me for a few years, so no embellishments or distressing that could easily date it.
  • 100% cotton is a must for hot Florida summers.
  • I needed to spend less than $50.
  • Most importantly, it had to fit properly. I'm busty, so finding a button-up blouse that actually buttons up with no pulling or gaping can be a struggle.
Lo and behold, I found a top that met all that criteria at JCP of all places. The department store recently opened up Joe Fresh pop-up shops, which is where I found this shirt:

Denim Button-Up

Best of all, it came in under budget at just $29. I can see this top quickly becoming one of my new favorite wardrobe staples!

Here's how I'm planning to wear my denim button-up this summer:

denim shirt outfits

Casual: Necklace // Belt // Shorts // Sandals | Dressy: Dress // Earrings // Wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment