Saturday, December 18, 2010

3 Looks Inspired by "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas"

Abeds Uncontrollable Christmas

If you've ever looked at my Twitter, you'll know that I'm a huge fan of the show Community, which airs on NBC. Heck, I even wrote an article about the fashion on Community for one of my CF posts. However, when I heard the show was going to have a special stop-motion holiday episode I was a bit iffy-- could Community really translate into an animated form?

After watching the episode though, I learned my lesson-- never doubt Community. I absolutely loved it! The detail and effort that went into this episode is obvious and "Abed's Uncontrollable Chirstmas" managed to capture the magic of the original claymation Christmas specials while staying true to the typical tone of the show.

I'm not going to give away the plot of the episode, but if you want to know more I suggest you watch it! (Psst-- the episode's available to watch on Hulu if you live in the United States) However, if you're wondering why they're wearing those crazy getups in the above picture, I'll fill you in. At one point in the episode Abed pictures the other characters as Christmas versions of themselves which causes them to "transform."

Since these Christmas-ized versions were so adorable and somehow perfectly fit each character, I thought it would be fun to create some wearable looks inspired by three of the characters. Check it out!

BallerAnnie


BallerAnnie


Abed sees Annie as a ballerina, so I wanted to translate her adorable tutu ensemble without trying to be too literal. This light pink dress has a similar look as the tutu without being froofy. Some gray tights adds warmth, as does the cardigan in another shade of pink. I couldn't resist adding these lovely ballet slipper inspired flats and since they're in a neutral color, it shouldn't come off as costume-y. For a final touch, I added this brooch which picks up on all the accents on BallerAnnie's outfit.

Britta-Bot


Britta-Bot


Britta transforms into a robot in the episode, so I wanted to create look that embodied on the unique elements found on the Britta-Bot. Of course I had to go with a shimmery metallic top which I paired with some casual skinny jeans. The necklace and cuff bracelet correlate with the red and yellow gadgets on Britta's exterior. Finally, because she's already wearing red "shoes," some matching pumps complete this look.

Troy Soldier


Troy Soldier


Since Troy's Christmas doppelgänger is a toy soldier, I knew that I had to find a similar coat for this look. This toggle coat from Delia's corresponds with the coloring and details of the one Troy Soldier is wearing. I paired it with a gold-colored shirt and black pants to keep the look casual. Accessorize with some fab wedged booties and a bright red headband, which mimics the detailing on Troy's hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment